Monday, June 11, 2012

Minimize Monday June 11th, 2012

It's Monday again.  I know most people don't like Mondays, but for me it's my day off and I love them!  I also love that on Monday I purge stuff out of my house.  I look forward to Monday!   I went on a hunt for stuff in my office.  I honestly didn't think I'd find much, but there were a few things.   I also took a spin through the house to see if I could find more- and I did.

Today I'm letting go of a sweater and a pair of pants, a camera bag, a little blue bin that should be in the kids' room,  a big paper bag (hey, it might have come in handy!) a bag full of plastic bags, a couple of magazines, a promo calendar, a suction cup hook, lots of paper, a stack of flyers (not in the picture) the box from my phone, another paper towel roll that I had saved for crafts, and a bag of invoice slips you put on packages that I've been saving in case I sell anything on eBay (it's been over a year since I've even looked there).  




I have to say - the paper bag DID come in handy just like I knew it would.   It's holding all the stuff I'll share at the thrift store. The rest has been recycled.   I'm going to grab the other bags I've got waiting in my garage and I'll drop off my thrift store donations tomorrow, along with a bag of styrofoam that I can take to the plastics plant when I drive by.

And this week I'm finishing up my I SPY bags for a friend and hopefully my little lap quilt, so two projects that, once done, will clear a little space, add some love to my room and make some one's kids happy.  But that's for next week's installment.

You can share your Minimize Monday posts over at:

BitsnBiteswithTina

MommyMoment





2 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome job. That's a ton of stuff in one purge :) Thanks for linking up and I look forward to seeing what you're up to next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job getting rid of stuff! Every bit counts and feels so good when you look back and can see what you all accomplished!
    Thanks for linking up on Mommy Moment! Hope you see you back on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete