About Me

My photo

I work in the city but I love living in the 'burbs so much we moved there - despite my crazy commute. The closer I get to home, the more relaxed I feel.
 
This Mama can't wait to share all the fabulous finds and 'must have' things that come my way. After all, if something's great I've gotta tell everyone! 
 
Join me as I share the ups and downs of suburban living, my journey to be more creative and organized (even with 2 super active little boys) and a whole lot of this and that. While I live in Fraser Valley, B.C., it's easy to translate the suburban experience to pretty much anywhere - and even city folk love to leave the hustle and bustle sometimes!
  
And living in the most expensive corner of the country, it takes a little savvy to keep it all together.  I'll share what I've learned - and hopefully you will, too!
 
 
 
 

Friday, June 22, 2012

Biannual Blogathon Bash!

Today is the start of the Biannual Blogathon Bash and I've signed up to spend the next 72 hours (ok.  what I can wrangle out of the next 72 hours) to get a lot of work done on my blog.  In fact, I'm starting a new blog - Savvy Suburban Mama which I hope to have up an running by Monday! Nothing like being a wee bit ambitious, eh?

As you may know, today will be a very tough day in our house as we share our last moments with our beloved dog, Kobe.  We have a vet appointment at 2pm.  I'm not sure how much I'll get done today, but I decided to stick with it since, for me, the best way to work through things is to get busy.  Writing helps me gain perspective, so I expect I'll do a few blog posts along the way about all of this.  I do plan to write one all about Kobe - from the moment we found her to the end. 

On a lighter note, I have spent the last couple of weeks making lists of whatever I thought might be useful. So here are  my goals:

  • Blog schedule - what and when do I want to post on my blog
  • Layout - figure out what works best for me
  • Pre-write some posts
  • Learn more about google+ and circles
  • read some of the articles I've bookmarked about blogging
  • look for ways to connect with other bloggers (and lo and behold that's a mini-challenge!! how perfect!)
  • sponsor ideas
  • write up a sponsorship pitch for a review/giveaway idea I have in mind with a local company
  • set up a facebook account to accompany my blogging
  • clean up my email and create files/rules to keep it running more smoothly
  • Make a bit list of potential blogging topics for those days nothing comes to mind
  • Look into CRA policies.  I'm a writer -both blogging and fiction and I need to get into the mindset of writing as a business and learn what records to keep etc as I'm slowly getting some compensation this year and need to account for that as well as my expenses.
  • Pinterest - explore a little further.  I had meant to sign up this weekend but um.. I got excited and went ahead early.
  • Ensure I have a post for the Great Canadian Blog Bash on Tuesday

It's a big list, I know, but I have faith I can get A LOT done.  I've got help - my husband is handling the birthday party the boys are going to on Sunday so I've got a lovely stretch of alone time there. And my two little guys know I'm working this weekend and we've picked out a couple of movies for them to watch and they are excited about them.  A few more hours of quiet time!  And because of Kobe, my Mom and Dad are taking the boys overnight tomorrow to make it a happier day for them.  We do have dinner at my parents on Saturday - but that leaves me a day alone since my husband will go some alone time for himself, too. 

I plan to turn this sad weekend into a positive and to think about happy thoughts and great things.  My boys need that - to know it's just part of life to move on, and to know that everything will be ok.  There will also be much snuggling and cuddling while they are awake since I like to stay up late.  

I don't expect much to be done this morning - but you will find me at my desk all night!  The keys might get a little wet, but I'll work through it. :-)


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good list to me. It reminded me that I need to get my pinterest up and runnning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liviania - I'm glad I did mine last week - I'd have been lost there all weekend! It is such a cool thing.

    ReplyDelete