Friday, January 20, 2012

Goodbye Cheesies.. hello.. um.. now what?

OK.. so I went back to Weight Watchers and I've been eating better BUT this darn bag of Cheesies keeps yelling at me when I open the pantry.  It's not my bag of Cheesies.  It belongs to my youngest  son (although why I felt the need to buy him a Costco size bag of cheesies I don't know).  I admit - I love 'em.  Not super duper love'em  but there's some feelings there.  Well, you know where this is going, right?

I've decided that since I couldn't handle the chocolate (turns out PMS and chocolate in the house is NOT conducive to actively eating well) I can't handle the Cheesies and one of us has to go.  It's cold out there so I'm not leaving the house.  Bye Bye Cheesies - I 'll tell my son you had to take a trip.  I might even fill a little snack bag for him to have this weekend but  the rest of you are hitting the big compost can.  (I've got to at least recycle them somehow to assuage the guilt of tossing perfectly good cheesies.  Thank goodness for the city compost pickup that takes everything)

That leaves me with the 'now?'  what portion of this post.  I have no idea what to replace those crunchy morsels of cheesie goodness with.  I'm thinking of a cut up apple so I get lots of bites and lots of crunch.  But I have to have a back up plan. I'm going to Costco this weekend and don't wish to have this discussion with myself in the Cheesie aisle.

The upside of this?   I feel motivated finally.  It's taken me a couple of weeks of small changes but today I've decided I feel ready to get back into the swing of losing.  AND I'm going to clear out the pantry.  All the 'bad' stuff that I like is leaving.  I'm not telling anyone - it's just disappearing.  The cold freeze is over here so I'll get on that treadmill in the garage this weekend, too!

Just think - a little healthy change, a little organizing and a little motivation all at the same time.  Definitely a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment