Monday, April 18, 2011

Back on Track

The boys are feeling a little better and so today I've decided to get back on track.  After all, no one can pick me up and put me back on the rails but me.  So with a slow start (doctor's appointments/picking up necessities) I am coming back out of the station and getting ready to put on some steam!

Ally at Total Body Revolution has graciously offered us all to start our 8 weeks of follow up this week.  It seems I was not the only one to be lax last week.  I'm pretty excited about that and plan on making quite a difference in the next 8 weeks. One step at a time.  I've set activity goals for this week - and I think they will likely be the base for the following 7.  Nutrition wise, I'm still attending Weight Watchers, but I'm going to use much of the TBR plan as it makes it easy for me and I really like most of the recipes.  When I can't follow it, it's easy for me to substitute as I've figured out the points for everything and just need to find a healthy substitute that fits.

I go back to work tomorrow (likely leaving my very sick husband at home alone, poor baby) and the boys will return to their grandparents for the day.  I am extremely fortunate to have family that cares for them while we work.  They are in good hands with Nanna and her chicken soup.   There will be lots of rest for them, and lots of love.

I will go to yoga at lunch - it's something that has become quite important to me, this weekly block of time that brings me to my centre and allows me to relax and let go.  It not only stretches and builds my body, it works on my mind, too. 

And for my mind, my heart, my soul, I will set out some time to write.  Not just blogging, but working on my novel and continuing to put aside notes for the others I have in mind.  It's quite busy up there in my head - all those characters clamouring for me to put voice to them.  Some days they really push me hard, and so I've decided the best thing is to give in, write it down and keep moving in the direction of my dreams.  I've set a goal of an entry to the Surrey International Writers Conference writing contest - a must before I allow myself to register.  I've also set myself the goal of having a novel to pitch.  I might make my staying at the hotel contingent on that.  One has to start somewhere and I'm the type that needs incentive.  I'd say that's  pretty good incentive.  I stayed last year and it was well worth it.

I'm going to work on getting my home back under control - one little step at at time. While the reno goes on, who's to say I can't do little things along the way, right?  So I'll start with exercise and nutrition this week, and once my family is back to healthy, I'll add in a little time each day to purge the unneeded, highlight the things I love and make my home a place of welcome. 

I'm tired of being tired. I'm tired of feeling overwhelmed by all the things a working mommy has to contend with. I'm tired of my time being overtaken by 'should's'. And so I'm going to do something about it. Starting now.  Because someday is not on the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment