Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Changes are afoot!!

It finally happened!   It really did!!!  Someone came up to me and said that they’ve noticed the changes in me.   Yep, they said they could see I’ve been losing weight.  And it happened not once, but twice!  Seriously, a little more of this and it’s going to go to my head!   It is such a thrill to have people notice.  In fact, I dare say it validates what I’m doing and helps to make me a little prouder of myself.   When you are looking at losing 50 or 60 pounds (and that’s leaving me looking healthy, not skinny) it’s a pretty daunting thing.  The end seems so far away and even those little milestones don’t always feel like they count for much in the great scheme of things.  Oh sure, I know that it takes babysteps and that slowly working my way to the goal means habits changed, goals firmed and an increased chance of success over the long term – but knowing all that doesn’t make it any easier.   We all want the quick fix, right?

Yet when someone else – who does not have a vested interest in your life – says to you that they can see you are slimming down, you know you got something right!  I knew there was a good reason to make sure everyone near and far knew about what I was doing! For all of us who struggle with making change, who stumble their way along through the path to success, I say this one thing.  Share the journey and you  WILL be successful!  And the reason I know this is simple – it’s because others can see the changes in you that you can’t see in yourself.  And sometimes, no matter how much we try to love ourself, we just need a new perspective.

So say this out loud, k?   “GO ME!!!”  …repeat as necessary.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie,
    What an amazing post. I have goosebumps. So happy that you got the validation that you needed. Having large long term goals can seem daunting when you look at the big picture. That's whay breaking things down and focussing on the smaller pieces is so important. Rewarding yourself for ALL your successes, because they are important is key. Be good to yourself and keep coming back to this post when you need to be inspired, I know I will!

    ReplyDelete